Innovation market & sessions
The DIF 2017 will explicitly focus on supporting innovative SMEs and Start-ups, to access key industry representatives and Venture Capitalists by organising the innovation sessions and market addressing four emerging challenges: Smart Energy, Smart Health, Smart Manufacturing and Smart Mobility.
What are the benefits for SMEs and Start-ups?
- Pitch your idea to a high-ranking jury composed of industry top executives, Venture Capitalists and entrepreneurs
- Showcase your innovation to the global software innovation community in a 2-day innovation market
- Network with industry top executives and potential business partners, customers and investors from around the globe
Innovation market - 10 & 11 May
On 10 and 11 May, a dedicated SME & start-up innovation market will be organised, enabling you to exhibit your innovative idea and product to the DIF 2017 attendees. You can take your time to explain your idea to VCs, CEOs of large industry and potential customers, or even look for partners to develop your idea further.
Innovation session - 11 May
On Thursday 11 May (10:45), there will be four parallel innovation sessions open to an audience. Each session will consist of:
- six SME pitches in front of a jury
- Q&A sessions per SME with the jury
- general Q&A session with the audience
The jury will deliver a session report including unique quotes for each partaking SME / Start-up, which you may disseminate proudly to your network and customers. The DIF organisers will widely promote these jury reports highlighting the market value of the participating SMEs and Start-ups. Finally, two of the six SMEs / start-ups per theme will be selected to give their pitch during the plenary closing session in the afternoon of 11 May.
Luis AbrilGeneral Director for Industry and EnergyINDRA
Nicolas LandrinManaging partneriSource Venture Capital
Isabelle MorettiDirector of TechnologiesENGIE
This session is moderated by Eloy Ortega Gonzalez of INDRA and Francesco Gennaro of STMicroelectronics
Mario CariaInternational Director and Senior PartnerSofimac Partners
Pierre FrançoisCEOSwiss Life Health & protection
Benno TiekeDirector of Business CreationPhilips
This session is moderated by Björn Andersson of Elekta and Ronald Begeer of Royal Philips.
Jean-Luc BeylatVP Ecosystems, Market Enablers & Customer Innovation CentersNokia
Okan KaraManaging partnerACT Venture partners
Philippe VanrieHeadEUREKA Secretariat
This session is moderated by Jerker Delsing of Lulea University of Technology and Etienne Pouille of Airbus.
Valérie GombartManaging partnerHi inov - Dentressangle Initiatives
This session is moderated by Maria Rimini Döring of Robert Bosch and Daniel Watzenig of Virtual Vehicle (VIF).
Other jury members will be confirmed soon.
Interested to join?
To apply for the Innovation market and Innovation sessions, you only have to:
- download and complete the Innovation market and sessions form (Word)
- fill in the online form below
- upload the completed Innovation market and sessions form (Word file) to the online form
- submit your application
Once you are selected you will be entitled to:
- a pitch in the innovation session to a high-ranking jury composed of industry top executives, Venture Capitalists and entrepreneurs
- an exhibition space for 1 standard-size roll-up banner, including 1 table & chair and 1 power connection
- inclusion in the DIF 2017 exhibitor overview & floor plan
Participation to the innovation market and sessions is only possible for DIF registrants. The DIF organisation reserves the right to grant or refuse participation to the Innovation market and/or sessions. All applicants will be informed by email at the latest by mid April 2017 whether they can participate to the DIF 2017.