Digital Innovation Forum 2017
The Digital Innovation Forum (DIF) is an international industry-driven event that focuses on Digital Innovation in Europe and beyond. DIF 2017 took place on 10 & 11 May 2017 in Amsterdam and welcomed the global software innovation community; large industry, SMEs, academics, start-ups, investors, representatives from funding agencies and public authorities.
This first edition of the Digital Innovation Forum was dedicated to the 'Digital Transformation', which is an imperative global topic that is accelerating the revolution of business activities, processes, competencies and models in a profound way, and will enable digital technologies to be fully leveraged. Often regarded as a threat to European industries, especially the more traditional ones, the digital transformation should be seen, and used, as an opportunity to create value for business and society. This is what the DIF2017 was all about.
Participants at DIF 2017
Download the list of participants who visited the Digital Innovation Forum 2017 here.
An innovation-fuelled programme
During this two-day event, attendees were able to enjoy:
- inspiring keynotes on Digital Transformation, including Henk van Houten, CTO of Royal Philips, Jasper Wesseling, Director Innovation & Knowledge of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, and Max Lemke, Head of Unit, Complex Systems & Advanced Computing, DG CONNECT of the European Commission
- interactive workshops on 4 emerging challenges for industry: Smart Energy, Smart Health, Smart Manufacturing and Smart Mobility. 20+ experts discussed the main innovation trends and shared their insights for these 4 challenges. Interaction with the audience was key!
- impressive R&I results and business impact showcased in the full-scale exhibition including ECSEL-JU, ITEA and H2020 projects, and industry
- innovation sessions and an innovation market fuelled by inspiring SMEs and start-ups in Digital Innovation and judged by high-ranking juries composed of top industry executives from Airbus, Engie, EUREKA, Indra, National Research Council of Canada, Nokia, Philips, Robert Bosch, Sopheon, STMicroelectronics Italia and Swiss Life, and VCs from ACT Venture partners, Hi inov, iSource Venture Capital and Sofimac Partners
- networking while exploring different cuisines during the evening programme at the splendid Amsterdam Foodhallen
Presentations at DIF 2017
You can find an overview of all presentations given at the Digital Innovation Forum 2017 here.
DIF was co-organised by ARTEMIS Industry Association and the EUREKA Cluster ITEA.
ARTEMIS Industry Association
ARTEMIS Industry Association is a non-profit association for European R&I actors and private partner in the ECSEL Joint Undertaking. ARTEMIS supports formation of consortia and initiation of project proposals for joint collaboration and creates the meeting place where key industry players and other R&I actors identify strategic high priority topics for collaborative R&I projects. The association represents an influential network of organisations focused on the innovation and development of Embedded Intelligence in Europe.
ITEA is the EUREKA Cluster on Software-intensive Systems & Services, supporting international, collaborative and industry-driven R&D projects with a focus on results. ITEA stimulates R&D projects in an open community of large industry, SMEs, universities, research institutes and user organisations. ITEA Board companies include Airbus, Barco, Bosch, Bull, Daimler, Ericsson, Italtel, KoçSistem, Nokia, Philips, Siemens, Technicolor, Telefonica I+D, Thales and Turkcell Technology. As ITEA is a EUREKA Cluster, the community is founded in Europe based on the EUREKA principles and is open to participants worldwide. Each ITEA project partner can apply for national public funding – allowing a project idea to attract funding from all participating countries.
In case of any questions and/or remarks, please feel free to contact the DIF Office:
T: +31 88 003 6160